You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016
(20 Aug 2016, 11:01 am)Bus_User wrote Might be me, but it seems GNE attitude towards branding and the such like on Wearside is that its secondary to whatever goes on in Tyneside, I mean could you really imagine unbranded vehicles going around on routes that heading into Newcastle for this long?

Also am i right in saying that some red arrows buses still got the older style branding? Its just seems to me GNE gives themselves far too much to do at times with constant re-paints, re-branding etc that things tend to get forgotten about like the unbranded silver mercs and the Cadets that were supposed to be branded up for the Black Cats which never happened, would not surprised me if the same things happens with the Solar's that got re-painted which in one way may not really matter as whilst the shade of red is slightly different, joe public won't probably know nor really care.

I have to agree in some way, look at the website for that too, all the info for the Gateshead/North Tyneside changes have been updated - new brands etc, where as the Sunderland changes, which happened a while back still isn't up to date.... 

X36 still down as "Fast Cats",

Info on the "See it, do It Sunderland" brand has the 36 down as going to Town End Farm. 

The 5 still doesn't have a tab for "Whey Aye Five-0"

The 61 doesn't have a Simplicity tab - However Dan mentioned this could because the versa's might not be on long.... (something like that)

If you go on the NEXUS tab, the W1/W1A/W3 still appear, not one of the new contracted services has a timetable on the site yet.... 

Hopefully this new website will have all the update to date info on brands etc but really it should of been done straight away whether or not they're getting a new website.

I think the reason why the "Cadets" weren't branded as "Black Cats" was because they'll of been withdrawn after a couple of years so they didn't bother.

The "Red Arrows" are taking far to long to be repainted and branded, still 5 left in old Livery, the repainting of these started in November 2015....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.