You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - September 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - September 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - September 2016
(12 Sep 2016, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote I wonder if there's a reason for Enviro200s being allocated to service 43 at the moment? They seem to be on every day?
It's not like they're being kept local by swapping over!

Durham Gilesgate traffic was the worst I've ever seen it, this morning, including when the Christmas festival is on. After nipping to the stop across the road to show people that their bus hadn't got out of Claypath, yet and was running 35 minutes yet, I ran back, hopped on ours and we duly ground to a halt just past the Majestic. It was honestly quicker to walk. We eventually arrived a mere half hour late.

I needed to get to the Arnison centre. The 64 I let pass because there was a huge queue for it was an hour late. I caught the one behind it, which was only 47 minutes late!

Traffic seemed to be back to its normal level of chaos by noon, but quite a few services were still up as xx minutes in the bus station, as they'd ended up all out of sync and were only just getting back to normal.

And, of course, GNE apologised on Twitter for late runnign services in the area. Not a peep out of Arriva. Not sure why they bother with social media. They didn't even have anyone manning it on the bank holiday.

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - September 2016