You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
(18 Sep 2016, 5:54 pm)mb134 wrote I'm not sure how much the X20 would justify brand new vehicles. Also, the '6 or 7' new vehicles has me stumped, as the only routes Ashington have that fit that perfectly are the X18 or the 35. The 35 has 3 vehicles that are only 2 years old, so would only need another 3, and I'm not sure they need to replace 7529-33 on the X18 for a good few years yet.

7529-33 to the X20 could be a possibility, if the X18 receives another 6 brand new vehicles. Or, 4 new E400's for the X15, with 7511-4 going onto the X20.

If they got 7 new DD's for Ashington, it's possible that they could remove the 3 Streetlites from the 35 as well as push the 4 B7TL's to Ashington to replace the 3 DAF Commanders there which are somewhat non-standard. The 3 Streetlites along with the 5 on the 23 at Durham - which have been rumoured to be being replaced previously - would provide 8 to cover the PVR of the 17/17A at Stockton depot, replacing the DAF Cadets which are due for disposal any time soon. 
Having said that I am unsure which service would provide a business case for 7 new DD's given the X18 has just received it's batch not that long ago. The only possible one would be the X21/X22 but that would obviously be a direct replacement for the 57 reg batch on there currently.
Bringing all of these thoughts together could it be there are 7 VLA's enroute to Ashington for the 35?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016