You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
(24 Sep 2016, 9:11 am)Kuyoyo wrote I don't think we'll be seeing MAX'd EcoCity. I reckon we'll see 4812-4 moved onto the 8/8a to release Pulsars for refurbishment.
I don't believe that EcoCitys would be suitable for the 8/8A. Can't see the EcoCitys being taken off the X21 anytime soon as there is nothing else is really suitable for them. Really I think 4812-14 should have gone on the X75/X76 but the problem with that is the lack of usage they would have gotten as I would imagine it would still have been Solo operated on Sundays. I imagine the reason they were put on 21/X21 was to get more use out of them especially as I think there was talk of Arriva losing the gas subsidy or something like that if the usage didn't increase and the 21/X21 was an ideal candidate to do that with due to the length of the route from Darlington to Sunderland requiring four buses (Monday - Saturday) and three on Sundays.

I think The plan is for the EcoCitys to stay on the X21 and remain Eco Green although I am hearing X22 is going MAX, I feel that Arriva should either paint 4811-4814 MAX and put Stockton Pulsar's on X22 but there would be inconsistencies and I think USB's may not be possible on 4812-4812, another idea would be to send 1579-1581 to Stockton for X22 and make both routes Eco Green.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016