You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions
(16 Oct 2016, 12:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote My initial thoughts went to the outstanding ex-Thames Solo's (sure there's still some to come - lost track of what's arrived and what hasn't). However, I wonder if some of them are for Peterlee and say the extension of the 202.

I would have thought that the three routes would have a common vehicle type (tying in with a joint relaunch and brand), but I don't think this is possible.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not convinced.
The northern section has some good links, but I think the demand for the southern section will be it's downfall. As well as competing with the new X5 between Peterlee and Hartlepool, it has the Arriva routes too. I don't think there is enough demand down there.
I use the Durham Coast Line quite a bit and the demand on the train always seems to be between Newcastle and Hartlepool - not Sunderland and Hartlepool. I appreciate the express GNE had between Newcastle and Hartlepool failed, but is there a big enough frequency, a quick enough connection and attractive enough pricing to attract punters away from the train - ultimately the sorts of numbers that could make or break the service.

I'm also wondering what impact the X6 will have with the 202 regarding those loyal to GNE on that common section.

It could be though, not just straight away, wonder if all of them would be branded "Fast Cats", i would like to see Ciatro's on all of the routes with WIFI. 

GNE might of took a massive risk and got new buses for the routes but that's unlikely although the X35 is a busy route.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions