You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016
(25 Oct 2016, 3:37 pm)Michael Euston wrote I live in Brotton and have also responded. I also mentioned the early finish from Whitby especially during the summer months. Surely they could run X4's back to Redcar at least.
Ending the 5a in Skelton still leaves Brotton with 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough via 2 routes but no direct bus to Asda. I copied the survey to a local Facebook page  ''Spotted Brotton'' and a local Arriva driver implied that the 5 would be re-routed via Asda. Great if you want to go shopping but adding 10ish extra minutes to the M'bro to Easington journey is not very impressive!

Good grief thats gonna be an awful journey to Middlesbrough for those going most of the way.

Arriva have always been tinkering around with these services ever since they got rid of the X56 years ago. To me, they should have kept it so you had an express route for quick journeys from Loftus/Brotton/Skelton?Gbro into Middlesbrough, and for the estates and those wanting it to stop at every bus stop, have the 5. Or 256 or 65 as it was!

I dont know if there's ever been such a premium route thats been mucked about with so much as these.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016