You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016
(21 Nov 2016, 9:17 am)Jimmi wrote It seems despite the partnership in working with the branding, it seems the interior on both companies are going to be different, Arriva have e-leather with the Cross Pennine logo on the headrests whilst it appears that Stagecoach are retaining the high backed fabric Stagecoach moquette seats. Arriva have USB's whilst I'm unsure if Stagecoach will.

Arriva's offering will be : Cross Pennine Livery , E-Leather Civic V3s in Cross Pennine Blue with Logos , Wifi and USB Ports.

Stagecoach's offering is : Cross Pennine Livery , Lazzerini Coach Seating in Corporate spec , Wifi and Seatbelts ( The latter 3 were new with the bus )

Don't expect Stagecoach to feature the USB's any soon, As they don't retrofit them on buses already in service.

(21 Nov 2016, 2:35 pm)RBZ 5459 wrote 4661 doesn't carry Cross Pennine logo on its seats, nor changing points.... unlike 4660/2 which have had internal work.

27141/2 and 47921 remain to their delivered spec, seats in them are practically brand new still - E300 coach seating is much better than the e-leather in my opinion.

I'm sure I had 4661 on Saturday, If it was it had full Cross Pennine spec inside, Minus the Wifi as that didn't have a connection.

There's a few loose seat cushions on some rows, Particularly the back last time I used 27141, Had 27142 to Haydon Bridge before my photo of it there and that was not the case on that one.

For comfort, The coach seating wins. But overall the Arriva spec wins for me, Just because of the addition of USB sockets, Which is a big bonus for me.

They both don't sound pretty healthy atm though, 27141 was pretty limp coming out of Corbridge while I was getting a photo of it, With the cooling fan on as loud as some B7TL's ive had.

27142 is a lot better but still pretty ill sounding, It's developed the annoying Cummins Turbocharger whine, Which all in all means its turbochargers knackered, Which can only have been caused by the nature of the route.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

RE: Arriva Darlington - Rumour Has It...
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016
Arriva Darlington - Rumour Has It...
Arriva Darlington - Rumour Has It...