You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Step Entrance Running Day
(20 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I might head along to Pilkington's Event, As its on a easier day transport wise to get there, Preston's event is possible for me but would involve a connection at York with the last train to Newcastle, Which is a bit of a push on a night like that.
Irritatingly with the Pilkington event, I have the irritation of Saturday timetables for getting to Darlington on the morning which means the earliest train I can get from Darlington in the morning is the 08:12 CrossCountry service, got two changes meaning I don't get to Accrington until 10:30 and I am unsure whether Pilkington Bus are running a normal weekday service or a Saturday service, if it's the former, I will miss a bus by minutes and the next bus won't leave Accrington until 12pm. I am booked to leave Accrington around 5pm in the evening although I am on a off peak return, so really I could leave anytime, I just won't have reserved seats for the last leg of the journey back to Darlington.

Irritatingly for the Preston thing, my way of getting to Preston is complicated, I am getting a train to Manchester Piccadilly but I then need to get to Manchester Victoria for another train, but due to engineering works I have to get a "transfer" to get between these two points but am confused as I have no clue what this "transfer" is?
[Image: 0cf5653af48433717b065436d9303ec9.jpg]

Irritatingly, I probably won't get all the buses in service at both events.

Step Entrance Running Day