You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016
(25 Dec 2016, 6:40 pm)S813 FVK wrote Quick turnaround then! Does any driver familiarisation need to take place? I imagine with them being Euro 6, they will be slightly different to the Euro 5 models, much like the Micro-Hybrids having a minor change compared to the Drifter and Saltwell Park examples.

I would imagine that they are to the same specification as the rest of the Streetlites that have arrived over the past 2 years so WiFi, 3-pin plug & USB sockets and NSAs.

I'm lead to believe they will need minimal/if any Driver Familiarisation, As the cab layout hasn't been changed. If Familiarisation also counts for the Engine Bay, Then some attention will be needed at that.
Because it's following on from the Prince Bishops batch, This batch might also feature the addition of the Avid E-Fan System, Which I believe isn't in the Red Kite examples, So some training will be needed on how to deal with them.

As sister company Metrobus new Streetlite's feature " USB Charging " ,  This could give a hint that GNE's examples will feature the at seat USB Charging sockets found in Arriva's VLA MAX refurbishment instead of the Three Pin Sockets found in previous orders, Which are built into the shell of the bus.....
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016