You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Buses over the Christmas and New Year Period

Buses over the Christmas and New Year Period

RE: Buses over the Christmas and New Year Period
(21 Nov 2013, 8:26 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Just looking at the List above for the GNE Services on Boxing Day, And I have had a few Ideas, I'll use Washington as an Example here as I live in the Area.

So in Washington there are quite a few Areas without a Service on Boxing Day which Include: Rickleton/Ayton/Oxclose/Blackfell/Brady Square/Barmston Court and Barmston.

So why not have a few Services Extend there Routes to Serve these Areas, Even if it's just at an Hourly Frequency.

Example:

4 - Heworth - Galleries - Fallowfield Way - Harraton - Rickleton - Ayton - Lambton - Galleries - Heworth - 20 mins

2C - Normal Service to Harraton via Rickleton/Ayton and Lambton to The Galleries

56 - Normal Route to Fire Station next to Sulgrave then Via Barmston/Washington Village/Glebe/Washington Galleries and Oxclose/Blackfell, then onto Concord where it would resume it Normal Route to Newcastle

Or Alternatively - You could have the Independents like Classic and Stanley Travel operate Shuttle Services around the Affected areas of Washington

No idea what happened there - but here is my reply...

Something needs to be done.
For a town the size of Washington, to receive that level of service is in a word - poor.

It will be interesting to see the numbers getting on/off at Galleries Interchange, particularly with so few services running and a lot of it being duplicated (Sunderland - Fatfield and Fatfield - Galleries).
'Illegitimis non carborundum'