You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Advice on Employment Law(Data Protection Act)

RE: Advice on Employment Law(Data Protection Act)
(23 Nov 2013, 3:43 pm)fozzovmurton wrote He asked and was told, which is all I am bothered about really, I am reluctant to complain because I am worried I may get my mate in trouble somewhere and we have been friends for too long for me wanting to see him in trouble.

As for my Criminal Convictions, I was directly asked if I had a record and I answered honestly, I didn't find the question a problem as I didn't fill an application form, so the Webcam Convo was effectively my application form...Because of the job I want(Support Work or Residential Social Worker), I have to declare everything even crimes as a minor, if I so much as fart in clean air and get in trouble for it I have to declare it whether Spent or Not

Yeah, support work/social work type roles are exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act - but can be used to your advantage if the role involves acting as a mentor - i.e you have got the tshirt, but are making sure no-one else gets it too.

Genuinely don't know whether you would be able to do anything about data protection, as under Finnish law/culture it may be fine to share info like that.

Edit.
Found these links for you to get your head around: www.tietosuoja.fi/1560.htm and www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24622919
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Advice on Employment Law(Data Protection Act)