You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Poll: Are you for or against the proposed setup?

You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
For 11 (24.44%)
Against 33 (73.33%)
Abstain 1 (2.22%)
* You voted for this item. Total: 45 vote(s) (100%)
RE: Proposed forum changes
(22 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm)cbma06 wrote Wouldnt this end up with ever ending sub forums starting up?, most of the rare and odd sub forums messages are pointless and waste of time, for the latest news forum it's what it says on the tin, same as service changes forum, all am saying is that it's going to be out of control with sub forums starting up and making a mess, didn't the sub forums for latest, odd etc... started up in the first place due to sub forums getting out of control in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My own opinion, and other have raised it too with me, is that they're exactly that - a pointless waste of time. We want threads created on the forum that generate discussion, and having an endless list of "X is on Y today" serves no purpose to anyone. But perhaps someone creating a thread about reliability of Stagecoach's Omnilinks, for example, would be?

Nobody can create sub forums but admins, and our view would be one forum for each Go North East, Arriva NE, and Stagecoach NE - no sub forums to that, and the rest of the forum would remain as is.

(22 Nov 2017, 8:54 pm)Andreos1 wrote Started to write out a response and the battery ran out of juice...

Whilst the current format may not help flowing conversations and contributors feel as though they are going off topic, I think it helps the forum remain in 'good nick', uniform and ensures a consistency that other forums don't have.

I feel like a move back to user generated threads may see a lot more bitching occur.
Comments such as 'why have you posted that here, when there is already conversation there?'; 'What is the point of you posting that, when it's already posted' etc etc.
Appreciate we may see it now and again in the current style, but those types of comments appeared quite a bit in the past and I feel they would make a return, if the forum was to return to the user generated threads again.

I predict duplication (more than now) and repeated questions (more than now).

On the other hand, it does create a problem in searching for something specific, and it is not very friendly for search engines.

I think bitching will happen with online communities regardless, but we'd have to be prepared for that and nip it in the bud, when it does occur. The forum guidelines are quite clear that moderation should be left to the moderators.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Proposed forum changes
Proposed forum changes
Proposed forum changes