You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Poll: Are you for or against the proposed setup?

You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
For 11 (24.44%)
Against 33 (73.33%)
Abstain 1 (2.22%)
* You voted for this item. Total: 45 vote(s) (100%)
RE: Proposed forum changes
Happy with it the way it is. I just look at Unusual workings, Latest News, and Upcoming Service Changes for mainly Arriva and Stagecoach, plus minor operators news, and can easily ignore things I'm not interested in, such as service suggestions and order predictions.

It's not ideal having new threads each month but I'd sooner keep it as it is than have wholesale changes. Changing it will also make it difficult to search for historical items.

(22 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm)Adrian wrote My own opinion, and other have raised it too with me, is that they're exactly that - a pointless waste of time. We want threads created on the forum that generate discussion, and having an endless list of "X is on Y today" serves no purpose to anyone. But perhaps someone creating a thread about reliability of Stagecoach's Omnilinks, for example, would be?

Nobody can create sub forums but admins, and our view would be one forum for each Go North East, Arriva NE, and Stagecoach NE - no sub forums to that, and the rest of the forum would remain as is.

On the other hand, it does create a problem in searching for something specific, and it is not very friendly for search engines.

I think bitching will happen with online communities regardless, but we'd have to be prepared for that and nip it in the bud, when it does occur. The forum guidelines are quite clear that moderation should be left to the moderators.

I disagree that lists of 'x is on y' serve no purpose. I know the UEC newsletter news editor looks through for unusual workings to include.

(23 Nov 2017, 9:02 am)BusLoverMum wrote The current format keeps it tidy, I think. Bigun, like some others, here, is fond of his lists (which is the only reason I post in rare and odd workings, though I know that some enthusiasts keep an eye open there for photo ops). Some discussions are going to go round and round in circles, regardless of the format and some people will always be annoyed with the mere allusion to certain topics. I cba with the fantasy bus allocations or service suggestions, on the whole, for example, do appreciate them having a set topic. The current monthly format for operator based discussion and annual format for order predictions makes it simpler to go back and find out, for example, what was being said about the Castles Express, around the time of its launch.

Yes I agree. I just come on for facts, not endless ramblings!

Proposed forum changes
Proposed forum changes
Proposed forum changes