You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017
(03 Dec 2017, 8:00 am)LeeCalder wrote To be honest, it seems as though Go North East are doing everything against what all these Bus Users surveys are saying, with regards to people not using the bus due to a lack of information etc...... let's get rid of paper timetables, and enrol generic destination displays.

I would say that generic destinations will only work if you have prominent route brands, e.g. Coastliner at Transdev and Red Arrow at trentbarton, who tend to use the route brand as a route number regardless. I couldn't see that working up here through a combination of pick 'n' mix allocations, and ever changing route brands.

I have no idea about the Bus Users surveys - havent seen them at all, but do agree that passengers need information.

I suppose there's a fine balance between having too much and too little and as it stands, we are going down the route of having too little a choice of information sources.

I have pointed out before that not everyone can read a timetable. It goes with out saying that not everyone has access to the internet. Not everyone has the ability or confidence to speak to drivers either.

In an area where service numbers are stable, routes are consistent, branding is established, clear and obvious, the topography lends itself and partnerships between operators/PTE's/LA's are positive - then maybe the single line destinations are suitable.
I think it goes without saying, that neither of those things apply 100% to GNE.

There's obviously a reason they keep coming back to it and have done for however many years.
There's obviously a reason they have reverted back to using via points...

I have mentioned before that the black/white blinds are far from ideal for those who suffer from dyslexia (in addition to sharing links from organisations who have a lot more knowledge than myself of how colours affect reading).
I have no occupational experience with people who suffer from colour blindness, but it would but interesting to see what they think of the two tone blinds.

We need to make public transport accessible to all. Taking information away from passengers isn't helping with that.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017