You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017
(11 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm)L469 YVK wrote GNE if they don't want to subsidise Mr Souter should look at the BCI Excellence once they become more proven (no I don't work for EnsignBus by the way hehe)! All deckers come with a 6.7L Cummins / ZF as standard and they even have a nice 'Gardner' sound to them!

Few videos doing the rounds on Youtube and they seem capable enough.

Do you know what ADL are offering in the Enviro 500 now? Sure it used to be the 10.8L Cummins ISMe (though I can't find any literature that confirms), but I'm not sure whether that's been changed recently.

(11 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Yeah, I don't get those pictures/images either.
There must have been some justification in using an image like that, but I am not sure what positive message it puts across.

To me, it gives off connotations of a crowded bus.
It doesn't 'sell' the service, the features or the benefits.

The images attached are two that XC have used.
I am getting all sorts of ideas and connotations from those images. All of them are related to how I can use my time productively, in a comfy environment.
We know that the reality may be different - but to attract infrequent or new passengers, I am seeing a lot more positives in the XC pictures, over GNE's X9/10 imagery.

Then compare it to this:

[Image: 37098375230_b6d8766863_n.jpg]Go North East: 6313 / NK67EBG by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Standing up for an hour and a half, unable to do anything productive with your time. 

Slightly baffling as to why the tables wouldn't be used as a major selling point to the type of clientele GNE seemed to be aiming at with the images. Slap a picture of 4 people having a meeting on there, and I'd argue it's already a better job than 6 people standing up.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017