Menu

Andreos1   28 Jan 2018, 2:00 pm
(27 Jan 2018, 7:12 pm)Northern4555 wrote Do GNE or the other bus companies running the 2017 Boxing Day services give any idea on how much they were used,or is it classed as confidential.im just curious as to how it may be run in 2018. I noticed that last few years services have increased on a Boxing day.

Whilst the recent move to increase service levels on Boxing Day is to be applauded, I still think more needs to be done not only on Boxing Day, but other Bank Holidays.

Unfortunately, we still see the same excuses regarding passenger numbers and viability trotted out
I still have no idea how a service is deemed suitable to operate or not, when its never operated in the past on those days.
Logic dictates that if a service has never operated on those days, then it is pretty difficult to guage demand.

Then there are public events and weather that can influence and change demand on an annual basis.
Newcastle at home but not the next? There's a potential 52,000 more thousand people needing shifting one year, but not the next. Regardless of how many people are heading to the sales.

Time for them to take more of a gamble I think.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'