You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
(13 Mar 2018, 11:11 pm)idiot wrote On the downgrade note some of the streetlites are rattling like mad and not exactly comfortable at the moment God knows what there like when cascaded.

I imagine they will be officially classed as an upgrade, dependant in where they end up and what they replace. Purely down to the fact they're newer and have plugs & wifi.
Whether the customer is fool enough to fall for that, over a poorer quality ride, is another thing.

The folks are using their twirly pass more and more often now and although they struggle to remember whether it was the 21, X21 or X12 they got or even the operator of said bus - they certainly know the little buses on the 78 rattle like mad.
They see a bus as a bus and aren't bothered whether a bus is new or not, as long as it turns up, isnt crowded and is comfy. They look at the destination on the front and get on board.
They were savvy enough to know the 'Middlesbrough bus' was cheaper when one of them was too young for a pass though.

Think I have mentioned this before... When the Streetlites first appeared on the 78, my mam used one and genuinely couldnt believe it was a brand new bus due to the shakes and rattles.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018