You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
(16 Mar 2018, 7:58 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote 06:35 X9 from Middlesbrough did not operate this morning due to technical problems. The early morning commuters using the  X9 X10 from Middlesbrough are getting a sub standard service with these vehicle failures.
The lost mileage on those routes might be of interest to VOSA.

Looked on their Facebook and in the last fortnight, I saw two journeys that failed to operate plus one instance where the service was reportedly delayed whilst engineers attended to a bus, also the service had to be diverted quite a few times due to various incidents and some delayed trips.

Unfortunately with this mornings breakdown, they mentioned that the X10 would operate via Stockton  Norton and Billingham but sadly neglected to say it would run the X9 route through Peterlee to which passengers had to aquire this info by commenting on said post.

Some questions I have:
If a Newcastle bound X9 doesn't operate and the X10 has to cover parts of the X9 route, when it gets to Peterlee, does it still stop at the A19 slip road stop or is it omitted because its going right through Peterlee? Also, does Dalton Park get covered by the X9 when the X10 breaks down?

I feel the X9/X10 break downs are slightly exaggerated but at the same time  if it increases much more than the rate, I fear it could potentially have some impact on passenger numbers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018