Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
(16 Mar 2018, 9:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote Whatever Omnidekka Washington has, seems to have more power than their B9's. Noticeable on the Washington Highway slip-roads in particular.
The B9's often seem sluggish on the northbound 'on' Newcastle bound from the Galleries.
The Omnidekka/s I have ridden have gone up their almost Olympian like.

I like them.
May have the turning circle of a cruise ship and feel as though they're gonna flip over on their side, but seem good, solid vehicles - whatever their mechanical quirks.
Ridden more recently since Washington have got them and I don't have too many issues, despite their age.

Updates would have been more than appreciated on the X1 this morning.
Twitter and fb posts not replied to or acknowledged, despite big gaps in service.
Cold, wet and inevitably late for school/work, numerous examples from passengers querying why there were gaps of 35mins plus. Even with a 10min headway...
An eventual post half an hour after my bus joined a queue that stretched from Newbottle to Shiney Row answered some questions.
It certainly didnt answer all.

If this control centre was so efficient, then I am sure it would have been good practice to find out what was going on.
Vehicles have radios and technology allows tracking. Yet nothing... Not a thing from anyone.
Nothing was reported in on my vehicle. Nothing was done by control to try and find out why the vehicle was so late. Nothing was reported on social media. Nothing was done to divert vehicles.
Regardless of the apparent two missing vehicles in front...

As you say, they don't have to. It's nice when they do, particularly when the tools are there to do so.

Spot on, the public expect to have good public service. Naturally companies do have to go over the bare minimum, and whilst this is progress and good, I think it's pratically expected. Good public service is going beyond and over.

To the idea, the driver has to report to control that something has happened, or control has to tell the driver is something is happening. This surely must be logged somewhere, so why can't it be attached to the app? Passengers then won't be forced to be ignorant over so many of the best efforts due to a lack of circulation. They will be able to judge and make decisions accordingly.

Just today an X70 was going into town 30 minutes late, but they sent an LD with a spare to leave Newcastle on time. They didn't notify me of this, all the info I had to hand was that the bus was 30 minutes late. I was about to walk but then just in time the spare pulled up.

They have the info, they have the technology to serve the info in a consumable format. Why not put the two together?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018