You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
(17 Mar 2018, 3:01 am)Jamie M wrote Spot on, the public expect to have good public service. Naturally companies do have to go over the bare minimum, and whilst this is progress and good, I think it's pratically expected. Good public service is going beyond and over.

To the idea, the driver has to report to control that something has happened, or control has to tell the driver is something is happening. This surely must be logged somewhere, so why can't it be attached to the app? Passengers then won't be forced to be ignorant over so many of the best efforts due to a lack of circulation. They will be able to judge and make decisions accordingly.

Just today an X70 was going into town 30 minutes late, but they sent an LD with a spare to leave Newcastle on time. They didn't notify me of this, all the info I had to hand was that the bus was 30 minutes late. I was about to walk but then just in time the spare pulled up.

They have the info, they have the technology to serve the info in a consumable format. Why not put the two together?

Strangely enough, I was at a meeting yesterday (once I eventually got there) and part of it was dedicated to the organisation improving their communication when disruption strikes.
Questions were asked about customers getting too much information/too little information, needs, wants and expectations.

Like GNE some disruption will be beyond their control, but they're trying to work out ways of improving things regardless of fault/blame.

One thing to cone out of all of that, was thst there will be passengers who can anticipate the knock-on effect and we discussed the need to factor that in to the disruption information.
Common sense dictates that in the example of the X1 yesterday, that despite (eventual) messages stating disruption is affecting north bound services, there was the potential for it to affect eventual southbound services.
Apart from there being no comment on the two apparent missing services nor the build up of services in the southern sector initially (I reckoned on at least 9 vehicles of the PVR of 14/15 being in the southern sector - south of the Galleries by the time we rolled in there 30plus late), there was no comment about how services out of Newcastle would be affected nor how it was being managed.
Was time being made up naturally? Was there a plan put in to place, which would catch services up, but potentially leave passengers standing longer/sitting on crowded vehicles?
Ultimately, how is that communicated (if at all) to find the balance?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018