You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018
(04 May 2018, 6:54 am)Andreos1 wrote The first thing I thought about when seeing the photos, was whether they were to supplement a seemingly ever shrinking fleet or to replace vehicles within that fleet.

Most of us can remember the state of play a few years back, when scholars services were lost/not retendered and deckers were cascaded and disposed of.
It took quite a while to bring the decker fleet back up to a decent and reliable complement.
The deckers sourced in the interim (Notts and Dublin Oly's plus London ECW's if I remember right) weren't the most presentable or reliable.

I would hope lessons were learned.

They weren't they only local operator to have had their fingers burnt in that period either.
ANE got a lot of the Hartlepool Tall Ships work and needed to source stock to fulfill operational demand.
Pretty tatty stock it was too.

They can always sell them on after the summer if they don't need them - that's all Go Ahead London would have done with them now, so probably the cheapest option to cover extra work over the summer.
They appear to have been fitted with exhaust after treatment taking them up to Euro 5 emission levels.

I'm sure Go North East will have tendered for the scholars services every year.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018