You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018
(10 May 2018, 6:34 am)S813 FVK wrote That was probably the driver showing the display for the journey that runs from Oakerside to the Bus Station in Peterlee. From the Sunderland side i’d imagine that the destination would say Peterlee for those terminating at the bus station.

Yep, got that spot on.

(11 May 2018, 6:13 am)Michael wrote On the busnortheast Facebook page, someone called Finlay Whelan post

"This is being replaced with one of the 12 metre OmniDekka’s due up from Brighton & Hove I believe"

"There are 3 currently WD. 907/8/15 and they are apparently being prepped to be sent up to GNE (well what I’ve heard from fitters). All of the 12M OmniDekka’s are apparently going to GNE because they aren’t wanted in Brighton due to their size and awkwardness on 99% of Brighton routes"

Not sure how true but thought i would share.

The 12m ones (looks like 901-918 are all 12M), could replace the current Omnidekka's so they can move to in to the special service fleet to remove some/all of the Vykings and the last few presidents from active service.

Whilst it is true that there are further OmniDekkas due to migrate north, with the first three of the batch heading up this weekend, 3819 had of course already been replaced (by the ex-Toonlink OmniDekkas now at Riverside). The others in the batch aren't expected for a while yet.

On a similar note, the first three ex-London Volvo B7s to join the Go North East fleet have now been allocated fleet numbers:
- 6901 (LX06 EAY)
- 6903 (LX06 EBC)
- 6918 (LX06 ECC)

These fleet numbers clearly indicate there's quite a few coming...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018