You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018
(14 May 2018, 3:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote Very good news, although I hope Reading manage to appoint somebody new just as good to replace him there.

I have no idea what Go-Ahead's social media policy is, but I would love to see a continuation of the current twitter activities. Some of the conversations carried out by himself (or other MDs on social media) are very engaging and demonstrates great customer relations, even if some people may feel the need to bypass customer services and go straight to him because their bus is running 30 seconds late.

I was thinking similarly regarding his use of social media and then started thinking of David Horne at VTEC and how his online approach and voice have become a target for those dissatisfied at those in his charge.
It will be interesting to see if there will be any changes to Martin Gijlbert's approach, not only with the public, but enthusiasts too.

On a different slant, I am curious to see whether or not we see any changes to the way GNE operate and of there are any similarities to the way things work with Reading. That could be branding, interiors or even vehicle choice.
A totally different market and network down there to what we have here.

Interesting times ahead.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018