You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018
(22 May 2018, 9:02 pm)Malarkey wrote I would gather Go North East has gained some further Nexus and DCC Contracts to be announced which require use of a minibus.

Not forgetting that there is a current "shortage" of minibuses - the Byker ASDA "free bus" contract is currently operating with a Solo instead of an MPD (meaning that Riverside are short of a spare minibus, with 4899 having taken the MPD's place until it is withdrawn tomorrow), service 18 is operating with Optare Versas opposed to Solos, and three boards on services X6/X7 are operating with Scania L94s opposed to Solos.

(23 May 2018, 3:59 pm)Rapidsnap wrote I do wonder if the 3 new baby Optare Solos on order have already been allocated numbers 715 - 717.

Yes - fleet numbers 715 - 717 had already been allocated to the three new Solos on delivery from Optare, with this batch of pre-owned Solos being allocated fleet numbers 718 and higher.

(24 May 2018, 1:04 pm)Jamie M wrote Moving swiftly on, currently on a few routes and buses are the new displays present at Stanley.
- 5451 & 62 plate B9TLs on X31, X30, X70, X71, 6, 6A and Short M6 to Crookgate only
- Most buses for short M6 to crookgate only (for Sunday and 2 evening runs)

When are the rest of them planned to be migrated over for all routes?

I wouldn't expect to see any changes to the destination lists now before July.

There's a couple of things in the pipeline, but a lot of what is being done isn't possible just yet (some firmware upgrades are required on each controller). This is currently being tested prior to being rolled out fleet-wide.

The larger terminal point only destinations actually take up more memory than a 'standard' display, and this is proving troublesome on the controllers on some older buses at Riverside, where the database is now quite some size. Go North East have also carried out some research into the display types, which may mean that further routes aren't converted to the large terminal point only display.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2018