You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2018

RE: Arriva Sapphire 22
(04 Jul 2018, 11:57 am)BeachBoy99 wrote Thanks for answering my question. Smile I agree that Arriva are useless when it comes to route branding, as opposed to Go North East which tends to be clear and consistent with artwork. Yes, I've also noticed that one of the Streetlite vehicles still holds branding solely for the 22 - drives me insane when I see it! To be fair, I think most of the Streetlite vehicles for the 22|24 look they are branded for a "2" service due to one of the '2' on 22, and '4' on 24, vinyl stickers being peeled off so quickly after the rebrand on at least two of them.

I must have been thinking of 7538 when referring to the vehicle that had the 24's branding removed - has it been branded with anything since?

I wish Arriva took more pride in their presentation like Go North East does, particularly on Sapphire which is intended to be a "premium" brand. It quite undermines the "premium" concept when their branding materials are evidently cheap and tacky, peeling off within days of being applied - unless that's down to the carelessness of the people who apply them or the surface they are stuck onto - I don't know.
Tbh, when there is a double deck vehicle on the 22, not many people go upstairs unless they are fit and strong and capable of coming back down the stairs on a winding street full of speed bumps before the driver misses their stop!

"although I actually really liked the Eco livery that it had - it was probably the only good-looking thing that used to come into Peterlee"

My husband still visits occasionally Big Grin

Arriva Sapphire 22