Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
(03 Jan 2019, 5:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote I'm not a fan of it myself and glad it's only going to be around for this month. 

At least they have executed it better than Transdev though, who not only didn't display the route number while the promotion display was on, but had the price in the same font proportions as the route number. Certainly not 'amazing'.
https://twitter.com/mikemcniven/status/1...0691332096

On the topic of destinations, is there anything planned to get the 'X30 Newcastle' display changed over to the terminal point only style?
6168 has all the old programs on too.

(03 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm)Adrian wrote I wonder how long before drivers get sick of people asking where their bus is going, or sticking their hand out at the last minute, because they want the bus for 'Fencehouses' - not 'January App Sale'

Not a fan of this at all. Destination equipment should be used for exactly that purpose - informing customers of where the bus is going.
Interestingly, not one passenger commented on the displays to me throughout the day.

I'm not sure I noticed a particular increase in the amount of m-tickets but I don't really keep a mental note of who paid with what. Be interesting to see the stats of which method of advert most motivates a customer in this sector. As a passenger I never read advertisements or looked for a better deal, where there probably was one to be had.

Hopefully as more smart devices flood the network, more smart payments take place. I'd like to see some peak buses use contactless or pass use only, see how much difference it makes to cash in hand.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019