You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Bus Station Designs
Whilst I was in Newcastle on Friday Morning, I decided to sit down on one of the Benches on the Green next to the Eldon Square before going into one of the offices on the Green for an Interview. And thought to myself about having a New Bus Station to Replace the Dreadfully Designed Current Eldon Square Bus Station.

So here is my Idea

[attachment=5059]

Basically what happen is Office Block which is Joint Greggs and the Newsagents on the Green would be Demolished, Then the bit across the road for the Green where Poundland is situated would also be Demolished upto where Walkway for Sports Direct is, to make the Area Bigger.

As a Result the Entrance just Inside Eldon Square for Monument Metro would be sealed off, Meaning Metro Passenger would have to use the Entrances Next to Fenicks and Waterstones opposite the Monument, These Entrances are Marked in Blue on the Map.

Also the Following Businesses from I can remember off top of my head would have to Relocate, The Current Eldon Square Bus Station could be a Possibillity for an Area for those Shops to move to which include:

Pizza Hut Express
American Candy Shop
New Look
Vision Express
Poundland
Gadget Store
Greggs
Newsagents
Shake a Holic

As for the Office Block situated on the Green I thought they could be situated on top of the Shops if they were to move into the Current Bus Station, Much like the Student Accomodation Flats, which are Built on top of the new Tesco in Gateshead.

The New Bus Station would Accommodate the Services which already Serve Eldon Square and Stagecoach Services which Serve The Green along with Megabus Services if there is Room.

Bus Station Designs