You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
(26 Jan 2019, 9:41 am)Jamie M wrote I still find it funny that I've always liked streetlites as a passenger and nothing has changed with driving them fairly frequently now. I think the main problem I have is the emergency exit rattles but I've seen bempacks fix them up. The disabled bay pole is also a nightmare, but other than those two caveats no issues at all from me. Fast, reliably warm and fairly comfortable.
Seeif you can get some overtime at Deptford and try driving them up Houghton Cut. Manage the slip-road fine. Then it would be quicker getting out and walking (probably less whiplash too Wink
The engine management on them is shocking. 

I've stuck the internal measurements on here previously. 
Those few mm's saved in material and fuel costs may look good on a balance sheet somewhere, possibly a bit better than the view passengers get on a crowded, sweaty Streetlite. 

(26 Jan 2019, 9:46 am)Swiny1 wrote Totally agree.  Heavy duty bus for heavy duty route. Don't think streetlights would cut it. A driver I spoke to the other day referred to them as the modern Dennis darts . Have to agree

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've said similar in the past. 
Always hoped there would be a Streetlite 2, like the National. 
I'm still hoping... 

(26 Jan 2019, 10:57 am)Michael wrote Aye 100% agree, Streetlites would be rubbish on the 4, should stick to the Merc's... however, it'll get to a point where they'll need replacing, hopefully at that time, they choose something wisely.

Totally agree that they will need replacing in the end, just can't help feeling that these rumoured changes are too soon and the suggested replacement not good enough.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019