You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
(26 Jan 2019, 9:41 am)Jamie M wrote I still find it funny that I've always liked streetlites as a passenger and nothing has changed with driving them fairly frequently now. I think the main problem I have is the emergency exit rattles but I've seen bempacks fix them up. The disabled bay pole is also a nightmare, but other than those two caveats no issues at all from me. Fast, reliably warm and fairly comfortable.

Being that most of the streetlites at Riverside are 66 plate (49s) except the 4 on the X66 are different engined, these as the same with the Durham Diamond examples at Stanley are fast, warm and fairly comfortable, which i would expect for their age. However the Diamond examples on the X30 when they appear they struggle with gear choice on Dunston Bank which the red Kite examples don't. I have experience in driving the earlier Streetlites from the C & C and Red Kites, which i find are very uncomfortable, cab rattles, cab window rattles, heating is on some examples intermittent (turn some off after 2 hours driving and the heating goes completely cold, taking 30-45 mins to return), slow on the hills and the reversing is nothing short of embarrassing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019