You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Marxista Fozzski
RE: What makes your Christmas?
I used to hate Christmas, for every Christmas between 1996 and 2000 I lived away from in a Childrens Home somewhere, I would be at home for Christmas, but there was always an argument and a fight which saw me heading back to the Childrens Home, I even ended up getting arrested New Year 1999/2000 with the police exiling me from Murton all together for 3 months, so there was some hard times...

Till recently my christmas involved copious amounts of alcohol, but more recently, I have started to appreciate it, I used to do voluntary work for a youth group and was vice chairman of the organisations board(I liked to call myself Chair for Vice Big Grin), I used to be Santa for the Christmas party and loved to see the kids faces when I walked into a room dressed up and my sisters friend has a little lad, 9 now, I love seeing him on Xmas Day, so to see my family and friends happy does it for me...

Funny Christmas Story

At a Christmas Party a few years ago, I sloped off to put the Santa attire on, a kid seen me and wondered what I was doing with Santas clothes, I thought about it and said to the kid 'look we will talk about in a bit, but you can't tell anybody you have seen this, or you will get no toys for christmas, promise you wont tell your friends' he promised...Kid later comes up to me later, whispers in my ear 'I haven't told anybody' so I said 'Good, we will talk shortly, find me when I'm done', as he knew who I was out of the suit, that was no problem...The Conversation went something like this

Kid: Why do you have santas clothes
Me: Well, do you know what a franchise is, Santa is like a brand
Kid: Whats that
Me: Forget that(I couldnt be bothered explaining)...Santa is only one man, he can't goto every single christmas party at the same time, so he has people all over who he allows to use his name for children to get there message to him as he can't always personally be there
Kid: So it is like a job
Me: Yes, Santa phones me on the 1st of December every year to arrange to pick up my new suit which he makes specially for me
Kid: Wow
Me: Blows your mind doesn't it
Kid: Yes, could I get a job as Santa when I am older
Me: Play your cards right, be good, show your loyalty to him and keep believing, who knows, you just might, but you must never tell your friends about this
Kid: Can I tell my mam
Me: Tell your mam we talked, but not your brothers and sisters(I know the kids mother well)
Kid: Ok promise, I will keep a secret

Absolutely hilarious, no doubt the kid probably told all his little mates the secret of santa, his mother later told me 'I don't what you've told him, but it seems to have worked'

I just didnt have the heart to say 'it is a 12 quid suit from Yorkshire Trading'

What makes your Christmas?
Re: RE: What makes your Christmas?