You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East Bus & Coach Show 2019

RE: North East Bus & Coach Show 2019
(05 May 2019, 5:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I must have been standing close to you while the guy with the clipboard started arguing with Lee about doing a run on 574. While I understand it wasn't 'scheduled' so to speak, I honestly don't understand why he tried to make such fuss about it. If someone wants to do an unscheduled run using their vehicle and fuel then it's entirely up to them, it has no real bearing on the actual timetable of events - if anything, it's an added bonus. 

His complaint didn't end there either, I passed upon the opportunity to board 574 in favor of the next bus, Jordan Hunter's preserved Lime-branded Volvo B10. Not only was he still miffed about 574 departing when it did, he actually made Jordan wait around 10 minutes until the next 'scheduled' slot (2pm I believe). Unbelievable.

(05 May 2019, 5:50 pm)LeeCalder wrote I must say we were overwhelmed by the reaction to 574's presence today. I was also miffed by the NEBPT representative with the clipboard, as you could probably tell by my reaction. He was moaning we were taking the passengers of the 2pm service, despite Jordan being aware we were going to do a trip.

I will be mentioning this to the NEBPT, as I thought the attitude of the gentleman was poor, and if the passengers would have rather waited for Jordan's 2pm journey, they could have done so. The majority of the queue opted for a ride on the MPD, and I certainly hope they enjoyed it.

I wasn't there the whole time so I may have missed stuff but as far as I could tell the shuttles were half hourly and each bus appeared to only do one scheduled trip, I got there just after 10 and DAF R981FNW went out around this time and I didn't see it go out on another scheduled run at any other point, luckily I've been on this before so wasn't too bothered by this but had that not been the case and I found out it wouldn't go out again because of the way the event was organized I'd be really cheesed off, don't see why some should seemingly be denied the chance to ride on certain buses if we can't get to the event for the time of that shuttle.

Massive thanks Lee & co for taking 574 out for some unscheduled trips, was nice to finally be able to sample it.
[Image: 32838144987_ab1cbed21f.jpg]Preserved: 574 / NK53TMZ by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr