You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019
<p>
(26 Jul 2019, 5:06 pm)S830OFT wrote If Arriva invested more in areas that have a high proportion of bus user's, it would make their service more attractive, and more sustainable...

Blyth still operate MPDs which have never had a repaint, and still run around Northumberland in the outdated 1998 livery...

Ashington have Solos which are many years behind a repaint, yet Arriva only take 'certain' services into consideration of upgrades.

I hope when Arriva is sold, the new operators take all vehicles, and all services into consideration of a standard approach which ensures each service recives similar investment, although I would exclude this from their premium brands.

</p><p><br></p><p>I think you've explained it really there.</p><p><br></p><p>Lack of investment isn't Arrivas fault, it's DB.</p><p>Every since Brexit was a thing, the value of the pound against the Euro has fallen, so their expected profit margin has decreased organically.</p><p><br></p><p>Hence the now lack of investment and sale.</p><p><br></p><p>The sooner Arriva get DB off of their back, the better for everyone - Arriva employees included.</p>

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019