Menu

streetdeckfan   11 Mar 2020, 8:35 pm
(11 Mar 2020, 6:53 pm)scanialover wrote It's just as Tyresmoke said, in a nutshell. The reimbursement from the concessionary fare schene, irregardless of local authority is quite frankly scandalous ! I mean just look at a journey like Guisborough to Stokesley and return. Not sure of the actual fare, let's say a fiver and the operator gets back just a fraction of this? A no-brainer why that service was withdrawn but then consider those that are still operating where the revenue potential isn't anything like it should be.
Then, not taking anything away from our genuine concessionary pass users, but just how many of these passes are being fraudulently used ? Drivers have no way of being able to check and revenue inspectors are few and far between; non-existent from Arriva, only marginally better on Stagecoach, can't comment on GNE as I'm not from that area but I've never seen one on the X9/10.
So here is another revenue stream that is been missed and begs that question why so? Are the operators making enough money to dispense with revenue protection?

The only time I've ever seen an Arriva inspector was during the strikes. He was from Northumbria and showing a Yorkshire driver the X46 and 6 routes (which neither of them knew!). 
I was on the bus when he got assaulted because he caught someone using someone else's concessionary pass, even though it was free travel anyway!

I used to see GNE inspectors quite regularly but I haven't seen one for about 4 years now.