You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2020
(03 Apr 2020, 3:43 pm)Big O wrote What on earth does a payrise have to do with deep pockets? Do you think staff take into consideration how much GNE make before pushing for a payrise?! 

London operators do not collect fares by the way. Its all automated and sent to Tfl. London operators get paid for the miles operated and because there is no competition it means fewer resources are used in over bussing and actually creating routes that benefit the public. For me to get across the city from where I live, I find that if I do take the bus (which I never do) I have to go into the city centre and come back out again. It's annoying and makes the journey slower.
Erm yes. That's what the union is there for, and company performance is assessed to see what is a reasonable demand 

I said virtually the same thing regarding the way London operators are paid - that it isn't based on fares taken because London is by and large tap and go. Routes in the North East are also created for the public benefit, but are only operated if commercially viable - if they aren't, then the local authority or Nexus will decide whether it is an essential service which needs to be kept running even if it is running at a loss.

Fast forward to two weeks from today.
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2020
RE: Rare & Odd Workings - 8 May 2020
RE: Rare & Odd Workings - 8 May 2020
[split] Commercial service changes - May 2020
RE: [split] Commercial service changes - May 2020
Scania L94's back at Deptford
RE: Scania L94's back at Deptford
RE: Scania L94's back at Deptford