You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2020
(05 Apr 2020, 9:19 am)Rob44 wrote Your cant blame nexus for all tyne and wears  bus problems problems. The bus companies don't help. I remember when NEXUS decided they couldn't afford the Q1/Q2 and the white knight of GNE came in to take over the route. I remember the signs and the poster saying GNE save this route - this is why NEXUS shouldn't run the buses like TFL does in London etc etc....... then what do GNE do, offer no service to gateshead after 730 from the QUAY side. In my view if the service were contracted out like London up her it would be a much better service but I guess we'll never know!!

Ah dw I don't there's definitely more to it than them but they just don't help as they only ever care about the Metro and anything else is just second thought. The fact they're looking at expanding the Metro again now when the current system doesn't work just sums them up. Anyone else would be focused on getting the current system working.

Agreed I think the contracted would work better but only if it wasn't done by the current Nexus as I could imagine them messing it up by pushing the Metro too much and not finally getting rid of some of their useless contracted services like the K1 and W1/2/3 which should be ideally with other services.

Fast forward to two weeks from today.
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2020
RE: Rare & Odd Workings - 8 May 2020
RE: Rare & Odd Workings - 8 May 2020
[split] Commercial service changes - May 2020
RE: [split] Commercial service changes - May 2020
Scania L94's back at Deptford
RE: Scania L94's back at Deptford
RE: Scania L94's back at Deptford