You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2020
(12 Apr 2020, 12:27 pm)Andreos1 wrote No, I've not been watching any of the daily colleague updates. I'm not a colleague.

I am guessing these £225,000 assets will continue to operate services like this once the Covid19 issue has finished. Supplement the low single figure passengers with BSOG and utilise the older vehicles elsewhere, where the service doesn't need financial support of any type to survive. Or not? 

Regulated or de-regulated? Which one is it?
Or is it de-regulated, with a pinch of government support - just when it suits?
Whilst the government bail out, BSOG and the ilk may fill a small gap in the finances. The point about hypocrisy still stands. 

Surprised you're not complaining about the services run on contract from the councils as well!

In an ideal world bus operators would operate completely independently without any financial help from local authorities and government, but if they did, routes with lower passenger numbers would be dropped as they're not making money (the same way a supermarket will close a store that loses money). They need the financial support in those routes in order to keep the wheels turning.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are the kinds of routes that BSOG was created for, however in reality it can be claimed on any route, regardless of its profitability, which I think is 100% wrong!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Fast forward to two weeks from today.
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2020
RE: Rare & Odd Workings - 8 May 2020
RE: Rare & Odd Workings - 8 May 2020
[split] Commercial service changes - May 2020
RE: [split] Commercial service changes - May 2020
Scania L94's back at Deptford
RE: Scania L94's back at Deptford
RE: Scania L94's back at Deptford