You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What are you doing now you can't go out?

RE: What are you doing now you can't go out?
(18 Apr 2020, 9:46 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I'm starting to regret deciding to stay up here, there's really bugger all to do! My exercise recently has been walking to Aldi, seeing the queue is round the block, and walking back to the house! 
Luckily I still have flour left so can bake my own bread (I'm in the middle of making a sourdough loaf now), although I'm starting to run low on bread flour

The part of the house which has been in the process of getting done up for the past 15 years has now become my workshop, I've been getting my money's worth out of my 'new' Planer/Thicknesser going through all the pallet wood I've been collecting for the past few years and been making things for around the house. I've re-built the stand for the table saw, upgraded my workbenches, I'm running out of things to replace!
I'm even contemplating digging the exercise bike out, but apparently I'm taking up too many rooms as it is!
We needed our reception rooms replastered, this year as they look like they've been done with a butter knife and the gable end room has the remnants of a damp problem. We've fixed one alcove, ourselves, and that is where husband has his gear set up for work but the other one was worse and still gets moukdy. It's 3' above ground level so the damp course isn't being breached, there's plenty of subfloor ventilation, there's no carpet, we've fixed the chimney and the roof and can't afford to redo all the pebbledash, just in case, so it looks like we're just going to have to tank it.

I did order a new lampshade for in there. Though.