You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What are you doing now you can't go out?

RE: What are you doing now you can't go out?
(20 Apr 2020, 3:58 pm)Ambassador wrote I'm lucky to still be working when the vast majority of my colleagues are furloughed.

It wasn't an ideal start but I'm into a flow. My office desk was simply too big to dismantle and bring into the house and my office chair doesn't disassemble either so after a desperate search finally got a desk from Ikea (which took longer to build than anything I've ever had) and resorted to the garden furniture chair. Though I may splash out on an office chair soon (or expense it!)

I find i'm working less hours (my actual 9-5) and taking more breaks and it's a more relaxed pace even though I'm just as busy. Our IT team, previously thought of with as much esteem as a doormat are now heroes for whacking out enough licences and software updates to our iPads, laptops and mobiles. It's been great.

I have the opposite problem, when we moved offices a couple years back, all the furniture was going to just get thrown out so I kept some of the best stuff. So now in the house I think we have 5 or 6 desk chairs, at least 5 desks, I put a massive whiteboard and noticeboard up on the office wall and we have a couple smaller ones downstairs still!

To be honest, most of our work has dried up for the minute because our main client was a national health service and they are apparently a bit busy at the moment, so I have plenty of free time now!

(20 Apr 2020, 5:12 pm)Charles41 wrote For me it's been an afternoon of gardening. Only intended to do half an hour. Four hours and one sun tan later my front garden is looking a lot better.

Charles

One of my biggest hates is gardening, the only thing I can tolerate is cutting the grass. I don't like getting dirty, I don't like bugs, or bees, especially wasps, I hate the smell of flowers. Give me a concrete yard any day!

In fact, I'm contemplating decking over the entire back garden at mine, the front garden is already definitely going as I want to turn it in to a parking space and I want to build a workshop in the back so I'd only really be left with a small section of grass