You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136

Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136

RE: Rumoured service changes - May 2020
(11 May 2020, 8:58 pm)Economic505 wrote Bus deregulation has to be one of the biggest con jobs implemented by the Tories. Completion died out by the early 1990s , leading to today’s cosy relationship between GNE, SNE and Arriva , and the sh*te service levels that they provide.  I remember pre 1986 pretty well and how we had comprehensive and integrated services. Perhaps I m looking at it with rose tinted spectacles ?.

I mistyped the word ‘competition’ in the above reply.

It's a bit harsh to compare 1986 to now, lots of things have changed and you would never know how regulated buses would work nowadays. Back in 1986 supermarkets and out of town shopping was almost unheard of. (The Metro Centre opened then).

One of the bigger problems in the North East especially in Tyne and Wear is Nexus imo. They have a serious conflict of interest and are way too interested in their own Metro rather than anything else so we end having these situations where we're going for the cheapest option which may not necesarily be the best option for the customer. Half the time it comes across it's Nexus vs bus companies which when your supposed to represent the transport in the area is a problem.

Not to mention they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. North Shields over budget, trains refurbishment - over budget, station refurbishments half arsed, Central Station over budget, serious management issues with the Metro and that's just the start of it.

RE: Rumoured service changes - May 2020
tyresmoke