You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136

Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136

RE: Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136
(15 May 2020, 11:28 am)Andreos1 wrote And that goes back to my points about what GNE could do to increase bums on seats? 
Are younger people not using it, because they're too infrequent? Is it because it's not taking them where they need to be? Is it because taxis in Washington are king? Is it down to the connections or facilities at Concord or the Galleries and the timetables not connecting to other buses?
There's so many factors at play, other than just that it goes between the different shopping centres, indirectly and its handy for the older population getting to the Westwood.
Some of the kids do use them, again though the majority have CAT tickets which don't bring in much money as it's subsidised travel as well.

The main routes - i.e. the 4 and X1 do retain enough custom on a night most of the time. However, because the 4 especially runs almost directly through the centre of Washington many choose to just walk to or from that route home. It's only really if you live in Barmston, Ayton, Blackfell, Rickleton, Harraton or Teal Farm that you would require a connection- and with the exception of Teal Farm, all are served at least half hourly throughout the day.

At least in my experience

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: Rumoured service changes - May 2020
tyresmoke
RE: Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136