You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136

Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136

RE: Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136
(15 May 2020, 2:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote So getting back to Teal Farm is do-able, assuming you get the xx.00 X1 back and there's no delays on the trip?
I take your points about Teal Farm, but to me that shows how fragmented the system is. 
How about Blackfell, Harraton or Lambton and the same journey to/from Newcastle? 

As for Birtley, I think there are many options.
Harras Bank was served in both directions for a good while. The white lines outside the doctors heading down the hill were moved back, so buses could head up. 
There was the circular style service which operated in alternate patterns around Birtley.
Then there could be all sorts of alternative routes in and around Birtley that ensure you can get to and from certain parts and avoid Harras Bank. 

Whether its frequency, changed timings, variationst to routes, ticket integration or whatever else - between us, we've identified a number of problems and possible causes to low numbers and the need to have it subsidised (without even getting on to the should it be/shouldn't it be question). 
The question now, is whether anything will be done (innovative or not) or if we just see a constant repeat of what we see now till the money runs out.

X1 is due in at Galleries from Newcastle at xx:57 and xx:27, the 81/82 is due out at xx:02 and xx:32 while the 85/86 heading to Blackfell is out at xx:04 and xx:34. Off the top of my head, the 86 to Teal Farm is due out at xx:37, apart from the last one which leaves at 23:33 I think. So providing the X1 is on time, there should always be a connection there for Ayton, Lambton, Blackfell, Oxclose, Biddick and Teal Farm.

Heading the other way towards Barmston and Concord, there's about a 20min wait after arriving on an X1.

It'll be interesting to see how the current crisis will impact on passenger numbers in the long term. It could well be that if frequencies are increased to match social distancing capacity, we may see a resurgence in bus travel as it becomes a more attractive option.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: Rumoured service changes - May 2020
tyresmoke
RE: Latest contract awards - Nexus 39/81-84/85-86/135-136