You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
(28 May 2020, 7:27 pm)JP6004 wrote MG stated that 9 of the new Streetdecks will be redeployed within Go Ahead. So only 37 DD arriving this year. First one going to Oxford in next few days.

Rest of DD due August with Yutongs in September

(30 May 2020, 3:56 pm)Michael wrote Was 46, but now 9 to go elsewhere so we're receiving 37 + the 9 electrics - all around August.

Refurbishments too - although Martjin didn't confirm what was getting refurbished

(30 May 2020, 4:00 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Actually, I don't think it was specified that all of those 9 would be StreetDecks, he just said the double decker order was reduced by 9. So unless it's been confirmed additionally that they're all StreetDecks then it's still speculation. And it was only mentioned that one would be going to Oxford for a trial, he said 'within the Go Ahead group'

I was thinking purely in terms of fuel economy and reliability though, am I right in thinking that the X21 would benefit from the newer vehicles over the likes of the X45/X46 with it running basically 10 miles of dual carriageway (A1 and A167).
Then again, that assumes that the newer vehicles are actually more efficient when not running start/stop

I was going off of this post the other day which said 9 Streetdecks would be redeployed, I haven't watched the video myself. It also states that the double decker order would be reduced to 37 - but this values also includes the E400MMCs for the X1 presumably. In any case, I've looked back and the original order was 28 Streetdecks for the X5/15/31/45/46/47/70/71, 2 for the X21 and 1 6 cylinder 7.7l Float/Trial vehicle. 

To me this suggests that GNE will be getting 22 Streetdecks, for the X31/45/46/47/70/71, and 15 MMC's (14 for the X1 and 1 for the X30) as I can't see 9 of the MMCs for the X1 going elsewhere. Presumably the 1 bus going to Oxford on a trial will be the 6 cylinder Streetdeck, sorry for my misinterpretation that they would all be going to Oxford, but you get the point. At this point when the service is 1 double deck vehicle short of the PVR, I'd find it strange if they were to allocate 1 new vehicle to the X21, meaning they'd be 1 short for the Consett express services. Unless they made up the entire allocation of the X21 with new vehicles and transferred those currently on the X21 over and have a mixed allocation at Consett, which seems like a lot of work, but there again stranger things have happened.

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford
RE: Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford
Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford