You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
(30 May 2020, 4:18 pm)peter wrote I was going off of this post the other day which said 9 Streetdecks would be redeployed, I haven't watched the video myself. It also states that the double decker order would be reduced to 37 - but this values also includes the E400MMCs for the X1 presumably. In any case, I've looked back and the original order was 28 Streetdecks for the X5/15/31/45/46/47/70/71, 2 for the X21 and 1 6 cylinder 7.7l Float/Trial vehicle. 

To me this suggests that GNE will be getting 22 Streetdecks, for the X31/45/46/47/70/71, and 15 MMC's (14 for the X1 and 1 for the X30) as I can't see 9 of the MMCs for the X1 going elsewhere. Presumably the 1 bus going to Oxford on a trial will be the 6 cylinder Streetdeck, sorry for my misinterpretation that they would all be going to Oxford, but you get the point. At this point when the service is 1 double deck vehicle short of the PVR, I'd find it strange if they were to allocate 1 new vehicle to the X21, meaning they'd be 1 short for the Consett express services. Unless they made up the entire allocation of the X21 with new vehicles and transferred those currently on the X21 over and have a mixed allocation at Consett, which seems like a lot of work, but there again stranger things have happened.

He just mentioned 9 Streetdecks were heading elsewhere with still 37 arriving, the E400's still should be arriving.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford
RE: Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford
Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford