You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
(03 Jun 2020, 10:25 pm)Storx wrote I'm not too sure on the X21, I used it awhile back before all this and there was approximately 10 people between Newcastle and Framwellgate Moor, it's no wonder the shorts have been scrapped and earlier this year the express part between Durham and Chester-le-street. There's not enough demand for 6 buses an hour plus an approx 15 min train service (which is quicker) between Durham and Newcastle imo. Then an additional 4 buses an hour between Durham and CLS.

It's definitely not short term the frequency changes including the evening journeys to Bishop.

It's a similar story with the 21 really. The further you get into the route away from the Newcastle the quieter in generally gets they're usually pretty much dead by Barley Moor hence why now only 2 buses an hour go past Chester Le Street and now they're going into Arnison to try and promote more people on them.

I 100% disagree with you there. I used to use the X21 pretty much every day, often several times a day and there was always a pretty good load throughout the journey, sure, it gets quiet at times, but it was very unusual to only have 10 passengers on board

During the peaks, the X21 and 21s were pretty much always full by the time they leave Gateshead, which was particularly annoying for people like me who travel all the way to Bishop, so I ended up just getting the X30 to Stanley then the 16 to Durham, and catch the X21 from there once everyone has got off.

The train ride is also way more expensive, and very inconvenient due to the literal mountain you have to climb to get to Durham train station

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford
RE: Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford
Go North East Streetdeck on loan to Oxford