You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Evening Allocations
(15 Nov 2020, 2:25 am)6049 wrote Disclaimer: I'm no expert on Riverside's operations

While it may sound easy saying a driver can bring a new bus out to X, Y or Z. It can actually be a lot more complicated than that. If a driver is already on meal relief on site at say the Metrocentre, they would then have to travel to the depot which either means reducing their meal break (only so much leeway there if any) or they're going to have to totally reschedule the boards.

If a driver is finished and taking a bus back to the depot, they may then have to park a bus at the Metrocentre for the other driver, go and collect another bus or van and drive that back to the depot instead. This adds time and therefore money onto both drivers shifts as they then have to collect the bus from the park and the other has had to divert and faff around.

It may not sound like much, but it adds up and might make the BSOG saving negligible compared to extra time you're having to pay the drivers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That's what I was mentioning further above (obscured by font haha) but I do get where yourself and Dan are coming from in terms of a scheduling perspective.

If the bus & driver were both at Riverside depot and no extra time was added, it would make sense. But when drivers are across multiple sites plus the scheduling, then it would not be worth it.

Evening Allocations
Evening Allocations