You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Carliol Square Newcastle

RE: Carliol Square Newcastle
(17 Feb 2021, 11:00 pm)Andreos1 wrote I've racked my brains on this. Carliol Square hasn't been a through road since the Central Motorway was built. Its more a Carliol half a square. 

I can't think of anywhere on what is left of Carliol Square for a vehicle to turn around or do a u-turn of any sort and the only place I can think of where a vehicle could stop, is on the junction of Carliol Square and Worswick St.

I certainly can't remember a stop being there (although I do remember vehicles laying over towards the bottom of the bus station and also blocking off the very bottom set of stops in the bus station.
I also remember the stop outside the cafe/papershop and the likes of the 301 stopping there.

Edit: just found this - https://images.app.goo.gl/GwVJoaKuYtfDGhSy7  could this be the 524 in the distance? That 522 doesn't look like it has came out of the station, so could have been at the same stand.
Yeah I've seen that picture a few times and the 522 did observe Worswick Street towards the bottom stand. The 301 and 532 both observed the cafe/papershop in late 80s and 90s but was always referred to still as Worswick Street for the terminas. I've only ever seen the 524 as the only service I know of that listed Carliol Square.

Carliol Square Newcastle