You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

RE: Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021
(21 Jun 2021, 1:42 pm)Ianthegoon wrote It's going to be a bit of an odd year for rallies, given the current situation!

I've only managed to visit a couple of rallies around the north-east, Howlands a few years ago and one at, I think, Seaburn.  Of the two, I preferred Howlands; nice mix of vehicles on display, combined with the shuttles to and from Durham city centre.  the folks I talked to were quite friendly as well, although one "enthusiast" let forth a stream of invective at something I'd allegedly done ..... I guess there's always one!

The thing I did notice, however, was that both were smaller events than the ones on the south west that I've done.  I guess at Howlands they're limited by the size of the venue, although the one in Chippenham has a smaller "base venue" but gets round it by using the bus station as a secondary venue together with being the start of the heritage services, with a shuttle between the two sites.  Seaburn, of course, was a slightly different situation, as it was a vintage vehicle rally with a fairly small selection of buses - wasn't really quite my thing, but I guess it would work for others.

Anyway, hope you make it to a rally, and that you enjoy yourself.  And, in the unlikely event that you find yourself in Gloucestershire on 11th July, I gather the Stroud rally is going ahead - usually a good one, so I may well pop over and see how it goes this year!
Dont get me wrong,it wont be until this Covid stuff is over and done with,as i'd quite like to take my son with me,its him i have to think of
Kind Regards
Tez

RE: Rallies and events
Rallies and events