You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

RE: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
(22 Oct 2021, 9:27 am)54APhotography wrote And yet Ashington rail link is on a shoestring and no metro extensions at all , even cuts as money can't be sourced to prop up green transport. What else to expect from a regime that garners donations from bus companies for favours.

It's a fund just for levelling up buses so they can't really bid for Metro / trains. Anything for trains and the Metro would be a different budget.

(22 Oct 2021, 9:28 am)streetdeckfan wrote I'd take Bishop bus station over CLS, at least the shelters are somewhat enclosed, and the 'road' is buses only.

I don't recall hearing any plans to knock down Newgate Centre recently, in fact the Jobcentre seem to be taking over half of it

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Aye that's true mind, probably cheaper to redo though just hoy a nicer building up with some doors and that's it. I'm more surprised at Durham and Alnwick tbh. Are we planning to knock down the new one and build another new one...? Plus Alnwick really isn't bad - https://goo.gl/maps/ZhwhVUpLBfYScUgp6.

Mind it's confusing saying North East when it's not the North East, it's the LA7 only and doesn't include Tees Valley so isn't much use for those down Bishop etc who go to Darlington and no doubt will end up paying £7+ for the border tax.

Ne14ne1
RE: Ne14ne1
Ne14ne1
£804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1