You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

RE: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
(22 Oct 2021, 9:47 am)54APhotography wrote It's still taxpayers money, like all this paint... The regime has a duty to balance the bus improvement plan with more sustainable transport. Ashington really should be Metro, electrified and low carbon footprint, so when ripping up station ideas whilst the incumbent bus operator gets an injection doesn't look good, or help carbon reduction..

As for Alnwick, it isn't too clever, the brick shelter doubles as a urinal at night and is not a nice place to wait for a bus on a warm sunny day...

Aye no arguments here, we need much better trains up in particular imo. Like we have the ECML passing through numerous towns but there's no stops since it's overloaded and it can't have a service. Killingworth, Ferryhill, North Durham, Birtley, Low Fell / Team Valley, Dudley, Langley Moor, North Darlington just to name a few. Crazy really.

No doubt we'll be building bus corridors to cover some of these aswell when argubly the buses should be going no-where near Newcastle anyway with them providing a local service to the much faster train. Shame we're massively disconnected like that though. Even with people using cycles doing the first hop and missing the bus altogether.

(22 Oct 2021, 11:26 am)streetdeckfan wrote Despite Darlington being much closer to me in Bishop, I'd much rather travel back up north as there's very little to do there

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Some is using them though, there's 6 buses an hour between the two places and just as many from Newton Aycliffe aswell.

Ne14ne1
RE: Ne14ne1
Ne14ne1
£804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1