You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Boxing Day 2021 Services
(29 Dec 2021, 10:16 pm)Dan wrote Nexus probably did a lot more than what they ordinarily would by issuing new timetables for Boxing Day on their website (especially given that they only procured the 306 and 308). I’m not sure if they could have done a lot more - other than perhaps printing out those timetables and somehow making them available in Haymarket Bus Station.

I would argue that the biggest failing here lies on Arriva. Printing full printed timetables for Boxing Day - which some operators have done - could be argued as excessive, but above all else it is Arriva’s responsibility to inform their customers of which services are running and which ones aren’t.

They knew and had timetables for the services running on Boxing Day, as the local authorities would have invited them to tender to operate them as they did all the other operators in the region. I’ve seen a few comments now about this but it is disappointing that they felt it appropriate to just say no services were running on Boxing Day.

Are you suggesting that they printed something and distributed it at the Metrocentre which suggested something different to their own website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I picked up the Arriva Christmas/New Year leaflet from Eldon Square timetable "rack" - there were plenty of them alongside the GNE one. It included full Boxing Day timetables.
.jpg image_50370561.JPG
.jpg image_50457089.JPG

Boxing Day 2021 Services
Boxing Day 2021 Services